Monday, May 21, 2007

Learning the Ropes (and Knitting with...Rope?)
Today I set up my Flickr account and uploaded some photos to test the waters. This is going to be fun! My site address is http://www.flickr.com/photos/dixiedoxie/ I will definitely need to be more disciplined about taking and uploading photos from my camera.

A stitch in time
I took advantage of the late afternoon sun to snap a picture of my current WIP, the shell bag that I picked up in Charleston. The linen/cotton yarn is gorgeous but oh-so-rough to work with. Cabling and decreasing at the same time really puts a strain on the yarn, the needles, and my hands. I may need to seek out a different pattern for the second bag's worth of yarn.




Tube-ular knitting
One of the best things about knitting is that it allows me to be respectably productive while vegging out to completely useless TV. Tonight's knitting was accomplished to the penultimate episode of Dancing with the Stars. Apolo Ohno is incredible. I actually tried to vote, for heaven's sake ("tried" being the operative word), and I don't think I am part of their model demographic either!

No comments: